Saturday, January 23, 2010

Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely) Review

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are always choices.

This is how author Melissa Marr inscribed my book. For those of you who are not familiar with Melissa Marr or the Wicked Lovely Books. Let me tell you a little about them.
Marr created a world of faeries that are ruled by courts and each book is based on different characters in each of the courts. The courts are Summer, Winter, Dark, and High Court. In Wicked Lovely, book one, Aislinn a girl who has the sight to see fairies and has spent her life trying to avoid them but failed. Wicked Lovely tells the story of the Summer and Winter Court. Ink Exchange, book two, is the story of Leslie, an emotionally lost girl and Irial King of the Dark Court and I must say this was one of my favorites in the series. In Fragile Eternity, book three, we see all the courts and meet High Queen Sorcha who rules over Faerie, her twin sister Bananach the faery of War and destruction, and a brother they created together Devlin who is the High Queen’s assassin.
Radiant Shadows, book four, is based on Ani a half mortal/half faery and Devlin, assassin of the High Queen. Ani is daughter to Gabriel of the Dark Court. Ani was first mentioned in Ink Exchange and seemed dangerous even then. Devlin was ordered to kill Ani when she was just a child but didn’t. For the first time in his life he went against the High Queen’s orders. In the mean time Ani grows up wanting to be part of the Dark Court and prove herself. Later we find out Ani isn’t like any Halfling or faery and has attracted the wrong type of attention from Bananach. Devlin is forced to either side with War, protect Ani, or fix his mistake and kill Ani like his queen ordered. We see that Bananach is getting closer to bringing war among all the fey. I loved how the book ended and can’t wait for book five.

Radiant Shadows will be released April 20th 2010 by HarperTeen.

I would like to thank both Melissa Marr and First Reads on www.goodreads.com for my book which I won on a contest from First Reads.

For more information on Melissa Marr check out:
http://www.harperteen.com/contests/wickedlovely/
http://melissa-writing.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/Melissa_Marr
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/175855.Melissa_Marr

3 comments:

  1. That's cool you won the book and got it before anyone else! Of course if it was Spirit Bound I would have had to re-route your mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is by far one of the most awesome experiences ever. Right up there with Sassy sending me Nicholas Sparks new autographed book. Ah if it was Spirit Bound I would have to have security at my house 24/7 to keep you from it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wouldn't need security because it wouldn't make it to your house. :) Did I mention I know people at the post office? lol

    ReplyDelete