Friday, February 5, 2010

Perfect Chemistry Book Review

Perfect Chemistry Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Bad boy + Good Girl = Perfect Chemistry Brittany appears to be the perfect girl in high school. She is blond, blue eyes, rich, head of the pom squad and dates her Ken doll football player. Everyone in school considers her untouchable. Alejandro Fuentes on the other hand is in a gang, from the barrio, tattoo, and everyone in school fears him. Brittany and Alex never cross paths until they are assigned to be partners in Chemistry class. Neither wants to be partners and both think they have the other figured out. When Alex figures out Brittany isn't afraid of him he makes a bet with his friends to sleep with her. Being thrown together they break through the stereo types. Alex reminds me of the guys I went to high school with and like the Spanish that is mixed in. Over all I really like this story.

Favorite Characters: Alex and Paco

Favorite Quotes:
"We're actors in our lives, pretendin' to be who we want people to think we are."

"Don't make me try to feel better, Alex. I hate you."

"Why are you helping me....This isn't because you want me to pay you back in favors, is it?"

"Mi Vida, if I kiss you, I guarantee there's gonna be tongue."

Favorite part: I really enjoyed the Epilogue. Most books we either get a follow up book or we assume what happens. The Epilogue gives us a fast forward to the future.

Will I read a follow up by this author?: Yes there is a sequel coming out in April.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. my cousin told me about this book but I dont know if I want to read it, is it predicatable? because I dont want to waste my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you might be able to tell by my review I thought it was a great book but you might want to read a few chapters and see if this is the type of book you would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete