Sunday, February 7, 2010

Violet on the Runway Review

Violet on the Runway Violet on the Runway by Melissa C. Walker


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I follow Melissa's blog so I was excited to see she wrote a book. Violet is a wallflower who feels awkward because she has always been tall and thin. She tries to blend in so she isn't noticed at school. Her inner circle consist of two friends Roger and Julie who she has known her whole life. Violet's life changes one day while working at the movie theater candy counter. A loud woman, Angela, walks in and wants Violet to come to New York to model. From then on Violet finds out becoming a model isn't everything she dreamed. She has to deal with the industry criticizing her and other models who hate her, and a guy who turns out to be a jerk. Through this Violet spirals a bit out of control before making a choice to either give up and go home or accept the business. Overall I thought it was a cute story.

Favorite Characters: Roger and Aunt Rita

Favorite part: When Violet gets a make over

Will I read more from this author: Yes!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. You're doing "favorite characters" and "favorite part" like me :) Great minds think alike.

    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this was at the beginning of the year. I tried doing reviews like that for a while and every now and then I include it but not often. LOL great going down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete