Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is a library-loving blog challenge!

For every commenter on this post between now and March 27th 2010, I will donate $1.00 to my local library: Aldine Public Library, up to an amount of $50.00.

How easy could it be? You comment, I cough up the money, the library gets a gift! If you don’t know what to say in your comment, “I love libraries” will do.

Note that my pledge is “per commenter”—so if a single person leaves 50 comments, that still only counts once! But you can do more by spreading the word ... please link to this post, tweet about it, and send your friends here so they can comment and raise more money.

If you’re moved to make a flat-fee donation to your library, or to start your own challenge, you are quite welcome, and please leave that information in the comments.

For a complete list of participating bloggers (and to visit other sites where you can help libraries just by leaving a comment!) visit the writerjenn blog at http://writerjenn.livejournal.com/

Bonus: So you don’t walk away without something if you tweet about this and post the link with your comment I will enter you in drawing and you win a book of your choice from the list below. I have randomly picked a few books off my shelf:

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books by Francesca Lia Block
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
White Oleander by Janet Fitch
Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Make sure to leave your contact info if you want to be entered in the giveaway!

42 comments:

  1. Thank you for loving libraries and good luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for supporting your local library, and for sharing your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cari, great idea to include the book giveaway! Good luck with your challenge and thanks for visiting my post as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in!!

    Jenn Hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whooo hooo I LOVE LIBRARIES! you are the sweetest thing! have a wonderful week my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love libraries! Great cause and good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your challenge! Go libraries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for participating in the challenge, Cari!
    As you know, my library-supporting blog entry can be found here: http://bit.ly/ilovelibraries

    ReplyDelete
  9. “When people who can read and write start fighting on behalf of people who can’t, you just end up with another kind of stupidity. If you want to help them, build a big library or something somewhere, and leave the doors open.”~Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay libraries! And yay for this challenge. I just joined at my own blog, too.

    Michelle Knudsen

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such an awesome idea!! I loooove libraries and I'm there at least twice a week! =) will tweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Cari! Hooray for libraries - I'm doing the challenge at my blog, too, Holly Cupala, Tell Me a Secret (plus secret prizes)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for helping your library! We need more people like you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for libraries! Thanks for doing this, Cari!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adults who love to read and adults who support their local libraries are my favorite kinds of adults! Keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the challenge! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now following your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors and design of your site! Lovely. I also love your challenge. And libraries. In short, lots of love to go around here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay libraries! Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every town, no matter how small, should have a library.

    Good luck!

    My library-loving post is at www.ishtamercurio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of library love! The Texas Sweethearts are participating in the challenge as well: http://texassweethearts.blogspot.com/2010/03/library-loving-blog-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this challenge! And the fact that so many people are getting behind it to help support those libraries in need. Thanks for participating! :)

    I also tweeted here - http://twitter.com/peacelovevegan/status/11026961037

    Thanks!
    hanging.by.a.moment_@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hooray for libraries! Glad to see so many people participating!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Cause
    Well done all.
    With a smile
    Ita Roche Author & Lover of Simple Words
    http://www.ita-simplewords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. These days, libraries need all the help they can get!--Hilari

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much on behalf of libraries for this kind of support in very challenging financial times. It means lots!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for doing this! Reading always needs a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All this library love makes me so happy! Good luck!

    Also, so jealous that you got to read an ARC of Radiant Shadows. I can't wait to get my hands on it--I love the WL series.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I couldn’t live without libraries.

    I'm participating in the library blog challenge, though I've gotten a bit of a late start:
    Michael Crichton’s Recommended Reading – Library Promo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for libraries! I'm also participating: http://www.brimfulcuriosities.com/2010/03/2010-library-loving-blog-challenge-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK. I blogged about your challenge and then forgot to leave a comment! lol I recently paid a visit to our library, didn't check out a book, but I did check out some audio CD's to learn German. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for supporting a library.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hope you make it to 50 entries! I love your site design, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gah! Am I too late to comment? You are awesome for doing this!

    PS-- How was Sleep Toward Heaven? I have read her other book and loved it but haven't had a chance to read this one.

    ReplyDelete