Saturday, April 17, 2010

Eighth Grade Bites Review

Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1) Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Eighth Grade Bites is the story of Vladimir Tod. My twin recommended this book a while ago but it took me a while to move it up my to-read list. I think the fact that he was in the eighth grade put me off, but let me say, I was wrong. I like that the story is told from a male vampire’s point of view.

I think Vlad is really cute but he doesn’t realize it. His parents died three years ago and he now lives with his aunt Nelly, who is human. He gets picked on by bullies, is shy, and doesn’t feed from humans normally. When Vlad was eight he bit his best friend Henry but he apologized and they continue to be best friends. Nelly prepares his lunches with hidden blood packets that she gets from the blood bank. He simply wants to find a way to be normal in a human world. I really enjoyed the book and look forward to the rest of the series.

I found a great surprise inside the book because I didn’t know it was signed when I got it. Also if you are a fan of the series visit Heather’s website she has a section called Minion Bling that tells you how to get buttons by simply sending her a self address stamped envelope. Visit her site for instructions.

Author Info:
http://twitter.com/heatherbrewer
http://www.heatherbrewer.com


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this one at the store several times, I'll have to get it next time. Sounds good, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the 8th grade thing would put me off too. I mean, it's bad enough that I obsess over 17 year old vampires...lets not get younger, shall we? ;)

    But since you say it's worth reading then I trust you. I have seen it at my local Half Price. I will have to see if it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LiLi: We like older men EC died at 17 but has been around for over 100 years so really it's ok. LOL Does it help that Vlad is in the 11th grade now? Trust he's a cutie you will like him :)

    ReplyDelete