Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Glass House (Morganville Series) Book Review

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The book begins with Claire, a sixteen year old genius who goes of to college in Morganville,Texas because her parents think she is too young to be at Harvard or MIT. Being the youngest on campus and accidentally pissing off Monica, the leader of the mean girls, has made Claire's life hell. At first they steal her clothes, but one day Monica shoves her down a flight of stairs. At that point Claire starts searching for a place to live off campus and stumbles across an ad for a roommate. Claire feels its a long shot but goes to the address to ask about the room. When Claire arrives she meets Eve the goth girl who instantly approves. Then she meets Shane who is really cute but doesn't think Michael, the third roommate and owner of the house will let Claire stay. After much debate about Claire’s age Michael agrees to let her stay but only temporarily. Claire seems to be a magnet for trouble which in a town run by vampires will get you killed. Claire comes up with a plan to stop being a target but to do that she must find a long lost book that all vampires want. The story has many twists and turns and really keeps you in suspense. I really enjoyed the book and can’t wait to read the other books in the series.


View all my reviews 

For more info on Rachel Caine

3 comments:

  1. This series is pretty fun to read, I liked the rest of the books a lot more than the first one. I think they keep getting better, just finished Fade Out a couple of weeks ago. Great Review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it and I'm looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started this series, so far I like it but... I am not flying through it like I did the last couple weeks books, fallen, torment, hush hush, and crecendo! I am lookin forward to the rest of the series and hope that it will become just a tad more interesting for me! I Love Shane and Claire! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete