Monday, April 5, 2010

Shadow of the Sun Book Review

Shadow of the Sun (Timeless #1) Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shadow of the Sun is one of the best stories I have read all year! First time author Laura Kreitzer tells a story of Gabriella, a supernatural scientist whose job it is to find proof that there is such a thing as the supernatural. So far, Gabriella has not come across any real findings, that is until a shipment arrives from Italy containing three dead bodies that are actually angels; Andrew, Ehno, and Lucia. After her discovery, Gabriella receives a warning from a dark shadow telling her not to release the angels. Gabriella has to free the angels from the lab and stop those who want to hurt them. While trying to free the angels from the lab, Gabriella meets Joseph, a very charming and helpful FBI Agent. As the story unfolds Gabriella finds out more about her past and her destiny; a prophesy was told of one who would come to show who the enemies are and how to defeat them.

Kreitzer tells an amazing love story, one in which Gabriella finds her kindred soul: “He will love you more than any human could ever love another." It's details such as this that made me stop and swoon every so often. There is a very passionate scene in the library where books and bodies get tossed around and the only way I can explain it is NICE!

When I first received the book I was stunned by the gorgeous and unique cover. I was a little worried because real life kept getting in the way and it took me a little longer than normal to read this book. It took about the first 50 pages to really grab me but when it did I found it hard to let go. My two favorite characters are Andrew and Gabriella. I am a very visual reader, I have to know what every character sounds and looks like and with Andrew I felt like I knew him. I really didn’t feel the same about Gabriella, I couldn’t picture her or tell what she sounded like. In the story there are two potential love interests for Gabriella and I am going on the record as saying I am Team Andrew! Sorry Patch but you have been replaced as my most favorite angel.

Shadow of the Sun is the first book in the series and my only question is when can I get the next book? I find it amazing that Laura self published her book and hope that everyone will pick up a copy.

Buy the book on her website: http://laurakreitzer.com/shadow-of-the-s... the price includes shipping and will be autographed by Laura.

For more information on Laura Kreitzer:
http://laurakreitzer.com
http://twitter.com/laurakreitzer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Krei...


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. awesome review!! I will add it to my list and get it soon! I loved the cover too, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a great review! I'm totally in love with this book too and I'm waiting impatiently for the second book to be published! Thanks for helping to spread the word about Shadow of the Sun! I'm certain that it will become a best seller!

    ReplyDelete