Saturday, May 15, 2010

Midnight Alley Review

Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Midnight Alley is the third book in the Morganville Series by Rachel Caine. If you haven't read this series and I have said it before pick them up! I find Caine's books hard to put down and usually finish them in a day or two. At the end of book two Claire made an agreement with the founder and in this book we start to see what that involves. Claire gets some perks like she is taking much more advance classes, has a new phone, and of course the protection of the founder. Shane is still having a hard time accepting Michael and the choice he made in the previous book. In Midnight Alley we find out there is a town secret which could be dangerous for the vampires. Claire has to keep the secret and solve it to save those she loves. Shane getting seriously hurt and someone stakes Sam! Seems like Shane's dad isn't the only vampire hater in Morganville, and to top it all Oliver saves Claire's life. In the end more than one person's parents come to town leaving you hanging about what will happen in the next book Feast of Fools. Over all it was a great read and I can't wait to jump into the next book.

For more on Rachel Caine visit her website: www.rachelcaine.com

4 comments:

  1. I have not got to this series yet. But this review makes it sound amazing! I have started the Outcast series Caine has done. I have to read the second one though. I have heard the Weather warden series is great as well. Thank you for the review! I believe this is also another great series too by this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa: I have also heard great things about the Weather Warden series and need to pick that up. I interviewed Rachel Caine when she came to Houston and will posting that this week so I hope you stop by and check it out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cari. I have the Weather Warden Series on my list as well. I have heard wondrous things of it. I have heard since I liked The first book of the Outcast Series I would really enjoy the Weather Warden Series. I plan on stopping by to read your interview. That must have been fun. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa: Oh nervous was more like it since it was my first in person interview. LOL A few fans stayed to listen. Rachel was a sweet as can be! I will also add the Outcast Series to my list. She did mention that in October she has a 12 city tour.

    ReplyDelete