Saturday, May 8, 2010

MsEdu's Review of The Iron Daughter

 The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa
Advance Readers Copy via NetGalley
Release Date: August 1, 2010
5 out of 5 Stars
Guest Reviewer: MsEdu

Iron Daughter the second installment in the Julie Kagawa series did not disappoint. The main characters are back Megan, Ash, Puck (Robin Good Fellow),Iron horse, and Grimalkin.  The story starts off with Prince Ash picking Megan up from her house in order to pay the debit she promised in the first book.  Megan is half fairy -half human daughter of King Oberon of the Summer Court.  Once again Prince Ash and Megan are caught up in a high stakes drama that rips their barely there relationship apart.

As in the first book there is a love triangle between Ash, Puck, and Megan.  Whether your Team Ash or Team Puck you can’t help but root for the heroine, Megan.  Megan is developing a sense of who she is and what she must do to help her family and friends.  They are many new characters introduced as well. Julie has created such a vivid world of fey for readers to enjoy.  I don’t even remember how I stumbled onto the first book, The Iron King.  I read that one in less than 48 hours.  I repeated that again with the Iron Daughter it is a crowd pleaser.

This book by far is in the ranks of Melissa Marr and Holly Black it will definitely be going on my Superstar list.  I will not tell the ending but it was so emotional.  To have to wait for the third book is killer.  I will immediately read it.

I would like to thank MsEdu for sharing her review and NetGalley for providing an advance copy!  I can't wait to read this series!

For more information on the author:
http://www.juliekagawa.com
http://twitter.com/Jkagawa

2 comments:

  1. I'm so freaking in love with those books, like really a lot!
    Team Ash, Team Puck, Team whatever, maybe I'm Team Julie for creating this world and writing those books!

    Fabulous Review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a superstar list, wonder which books you have on them. I haven't read the first book in this series, but I quess I'm missing out some great stuff! I need to buy it asap. Thanks for the wonderful review of this book.

    ReplyDelete