Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella

     We are about half way done with May and Stephenie's novella will be coming out soon. Are you excited?  When this was first announced there was a lot of backlash on the net, but I'm curious to see who plans to buy this?  I 'm happy that she is revisiting the Twilight Saga and before you say it I know this isn't Midnight Sun so don't beat me with a stick!  As a twilight fan I take this as a good sign once again put down your sticks!  
    I do like that she is taking a minor character and turning them into the main character.  Melissa Marr does brilliantly so if you have read the Wicked Lovely Series you are familiar with this.  Cassandra Claire is coming out with City of Fallen Angels in 2011 which is about Simon Clary's best friend.  Maggie Stiefvater did something similar with Lament and Ballad.  Lament was about Luke and Deirdre and in Ballad they focus on James who is Deirdre's best friend.


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Release Date: June 5th
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young

Description from Goodreads:

Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.




For more information visit:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
http://www.breetanner.com/

6 comments:

  1. I'm totally excited even if it isn't Midnight Sun! I've missed new glimpses of that world sooo much - I'll take whatever I can get! Part of Stephenie's brilliance is that she writes her characters so psychologically complex that we're willing to read the same story from a different point of view (a la Midnight Sun)! I think that we'll get to see a lot more action from Bree's point of view. Bella's always on the sidelines, until the very end of the series, and sometimes the only way to see some excitement is from another POV (Jake as narrator, anyone?) Can't wait!! =)

    But Steph, pleaseeeeeeeeee finish Midnight Sun! We will love you forever! I'd also be pretty happy if you wrote New Moon or Eclipse from Jake's POV. ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have mine preorderd!!! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh soooo sure I'm excited! Even if it is about someone as minor as Bree Tanner I want back into her world.

    I would so love her to write more, I mean the story doesn't end with BD there is soooo much she could write.

    But yes I will read this Novella and I will be excited about i!

    ReplyDelete