Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something borrowed coming to the big screen

Something Borrowed is being made into a movie. Someone gave me this book for Christmas one year, but have never got around to reading it. I let a coworker borrow it and she liked it so much that she went and got the rest of Emily Giffin's books. The movie will be released in 2011. 

The cast: Kate Hudson as Darcy, John Krasinski as Ethan, and Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel.


by Emily Giffin
Release Date: April 2005

About the Book

Something Borrowed tells the story of Rachel, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl---until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend, Darcy, throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiancé.

Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness. Something Borrowed is a phenomenal debut novel that will have you laughing, crying, and calling your best friend.

Backlist:
Something Blue
Baby Proof
Love the One You're With
Heart of the Matter


For more information visit:
http://www.emilygiffin.com

10 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have add this to my Good Reads list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, it sounds good! I haven't read the book yet but I should before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books, I have read Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Baby Proof. I think you are gonna love it too, I cannot wait for this movie to come out, I pictured Collin Farrell as Marcus the whole time hehe (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good. I haven't read the book, not even heard about it, but when the movie comes out I probably will watch it. :)
    Thanks for the movie update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi really love your blog! Its so cute!!! I am now a follower! Feel free to check out mine at Addicted To Romance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna have to read this. I absolutely love John Krasinski (I heart Jim from The Office). I bet this will be a cute movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are some of the best books i have ever read. something borrowed and something blue were perfect!!!! the last 3 on the life are independent books....their good, but definitely not as good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late, but this is great! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read both books (Borrowed & Blue) they were great. When I first read the book # 1 I was not sure if I would like it. I like Emily Griffin though so I read it. It was very good! It was lead me to read Something Blue. And now I am looking forward to seeing this movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the best books I have ever read. They are so true to how we really feel. Something Borrowed was a great movie..I just love Emily Giffin's books!! Can't wait til Something Blue comes to theaters.. I laughed and cried just as much in the movie as I did reading the book!!

    ReplyDelete