Saturday, June 26, 2010

L. A. Candy Review

L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy, #1) L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
L. A. Candy is a delicious novel by reality starlet Lauren Conrad. As a fan of Laguna Beach and The Hills I was drawn to this book. Lauren gives a lot of behind the scenes details of how the show affects Jane, the main character’s life and those who surround her. Before my obsession with YA vampires I loved Chick-Lit and this is a nice blend of YA meets Chick-lit. Jane moves to Los Angeles with her best friend Scarlett where she hopes to become an event planner while Scar goes to college. While out clubbing they meets mega producer Trevor Lord who wants both girls for a reality show. L. A. Candy will be the reality version of Sex and the City. Jane along with Scarlett and two other girls will be followed in their day to day life. Jane is the girl next door who has terrible taste in men. While filming she goes out with a guy who can’t shut up about food, a Hollywood bad boy, and fall for a guy who has a messy relationship with someone. Jane spends her days trying to survive her boss, find a good guy, and get Scar on board with the show. All while one of her cast mates is jealous that Jane is the breakout star of L. A. Candy.

L. A. Candy is a fun read and I was hooked from the start! L. A. Candy is book one in a three book series and the second book Sweet Little Lies is out now. The film rights for L. A. Candy have been sold and Lauren is in the early process of developing the movie. I recommend this as a fun summer read!

For more on Lauren Conrad:
http://www.harperteen.com/contests/lacandy/index.aspx

7 comments:

  1. Great review. I have been seriously considering this one. I'm always curious when actors write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS
    I LOVE your Home Page and Older Post images :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean about the actors writing, but this one was really cute. Thanks :) I made the buttons with gimp but they were really hard to do. I love anything pink/white/and black

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I was planning on passing on this one, but I think your review just convinced me to add it to my TBR list. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. although i think shes fine i don't think i would be interested in reading anything by her but who know i might be proved wrong, your review was really good im kind of tempted :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the review, I might give it a try. I do like chick lit and this one sounds fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep I only picked it up from 1/2 price bookstore and when Jen Lancaster started talking a lot about it I decided to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete