Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Fair Lazy Review

My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black; Or, A Culture-Up Manifesto My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black; Or, A Culture-Up Manifesto by Jen Lancaster


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I recently finished reading My Fair Lazy by New York Times Bestselling Author Jen Lancaster. Jen writes memoirs about what’s going on in her life, but with a humorous spin. Think a mix of Kathy Griffin, Lucille Ball, a splash of preppy plaid, stir in wine, throw in a funny husband and two pit bulls and you have Jen Lancaster. I love what Jen did in her latest book My Fair Lazy where she attempted to "culture up" or have a Jenaissance as she called it.

Jen starts her Jenaissance when she realizes that she watches way too much reality tv, is not a fan of cultural events, and is afraid of food she hasn’t tried before. I do love that she is a Twilight fan and I will even forgive her for being Team Jacob. She does mention in her book that she likes Robert Pattinson but not Edward Cullen. Jen even made her own version of New Moon with her Twilight Action figures which she posted on her blog.

Jen starts off small with a quest she calls Jen Eats the World. She decides that she will try different foods from other cultures. She finds out she really likes Cuban and had me laughing out loud about her Castro comments.

I love how she includes funny emails to her husband Fletch and her friends through out the book. In one she writes to her friend Stacy about a meeting she appeared to be having with her dog Maisy, who she sometimes refers to as armpit bull. On Maisy’s agenda, cookies, poops, dropped food, and jumping on guests. Jen also includes footnotes with great little comments. I can not get through one of Jen’s books without laughing hysterically.

If you need a break from fiction or if you're looking for a new author you that you will instantly fall in love with then I highly recommend Jen Lancaster. For more info visit Jen’s blog http://www.jennsylvania.com/



Jen Lancaster's Books by Publication Order:



3 comments:

  1. LOL! These books look HILARIOUS! I love the titles and the covers! They're really entertaining! Anyway, great review! I really loved how your thoughts intertwined with the details of the book! Great job!

    Reggie =)
    Here from CEP! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds fun! I have been looking for books that are just pure humor, so I might be checking this one out. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm flipping obsessed with Jen Lancaster. She's my all time favorite! Great review, Cari!

    ReplyDelete