Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nicholas Sparks's Next Novel: Safe Haven



Release Date: 09/14/10

Description from Goodreads:

The #1 New York Times bestselling author tells the story of romance lost and rediscovered-and the wrenching decision one woman must make between loyalty and love.

Every person's story has a beginning, middle and end, but the path that leads from one stage of life to the next is rarely predictable. Renee's journey begins when she is a carefree college student, studying in Italy with her best friend, Audrey. During that idyllic summer abroad, Renee meets a handsome local, and falls deeply in love. But like all summer romances, the affair comes to an end when she returns to North Carolina. Back home, Renee fulfills everyone's expectations - including her own - by marrying her longtime college boyfriend. Over the next two decades, she raises a family and lives a predictable, if in some ways unfulfilling life. When Audrey announces that she's dying of cancer, Renee drops everything to spend Audrey's last days by her side, unaware that her unconventional best friend still has a few surprises up her sleeve . . . surprises that will turn Renee's world upside down, and offer her a chance to re-live the choices of her past in a way she never dreamed possible.

I have been a Nicholas Sparks fan for a while now and have been looking forward to the release of his new book.  Today while searching Goodreads I came across this and wanted to share.  Is Nicholas Sparks on your to read list?  What do you think about this book?

8 comments:

  1. Juju: I think that is why I love his books so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I want to read this book... I like reading Nicholas Sparks novels... last one I read was The Last Song... I never watched the movie though... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karm: I loved the book the Last Song and was excited about the movie but I never got around to watching it. Maybe when it hits cable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him...and I know you told me before "he writes REAL LIFE" but darn it Nic...can you write a book that doesn't make me cry so much. he is about the only author that can make me cry.
    but I am looking forward to this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a HUGE Nicholas Sparks fan! He's on my auto-buy list. I cannot wait for this book to come out. The premise looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twimom101: Ahh yeah he makes me cry too!!!

    Book Vixen: I'm the same way I buy everything he writes :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my favorite Nicholas Sparks book so far. I would recommend this! I think it is mostly suited for adults or even teenage girls. It has a wonderful story line that leaves lingering questions in the end.

    ReplyDelete