Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Review

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is the short novella by Stephenie Meyer. The story is based on Bree Tanner one of the vampires in Victoria’s newborn army. Meyer shows us what it would be like to be part of the newborn army. We saw how the newborns fed and fought amongst themselves. This of course is different from the Cullen’s way of life, but Meyer could have gone darker. Meyer also had the chance to retell the battle from the field and I felt that was lacking. When Bree sees Edward for the first time she calls him the vampire with the dark red hair. It took me a minute to realize she meant Edward. One of Meyer’s strong points is her ability to draws you in with the relationships her characters build. Even with the chaos of the newborn coven Bree makes friends. My suspicion is that Meyer might even go into a spin off with Fred another newborn vampire. The book was easy to follow and a quick read. While this might not be the story you were hoping from Stephenie Meyer I would suggest reading it.

4 comments:

  1. i was reading this a few days ago kind of forgot about it lol yeah its nothing special from what Ive read so far but ill probably try and finish it of

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueicegal: I read it online and will eventually buy the book. It was good just not stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the review! I'll probably get it from the library I hate reading online but I really don't want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I really must purchase my self a copy.

    ReplyDelete