Friday, July 30, 2010

Review: Echoes by Melinda Metz

Echoes (Fingerprints, #1-3)Echoes by Melinda Metz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 07/27/10




How does Rae Voight, the popular girl end up in a mental hospital? Rae had a breakdown in school when she was hearing thoughts that weren’t her own. Being that her mother died in a mental institution after murdering someone Rae thinks the same is happening to her.

While forced to attend group therapy she meets Anthony who is very short tempered. Anthony figures out that when Rae touches a finger print she hears what the person was thinking at the time. As Rae spends more time with Anthony she realizes he always goes out of his way to help his family and friends. When accidentally reading Anthony’s prints Rae finds out he never knew his father and a lot of anger comes from having a learning disability.

Just as Rae is coming to term with her gift she finds out that someone is trying to kill her. She also starts receiving packages and weird notes that later lead to her mother. The entire time Anthony is at her side trying to help her.

[Anthony KISS HER!:]

I really like that Rae has a good handle on all the obstacles thrown her way. I also love that Anthony is sweet and is often misunderstood. I only wish that Rae had picked up on what Anthony felt sooner.

Echos was published earlier as Fingerprints 1-3. The cover is stunning and will make you want to pick it up in bookstores. The stories are easy to devour! My only thought is CLIFFHANGER!!!! Fans of The Body Finder will love this book.

Thank you to HarperTeen for providing this book for review.

Click Here to read a sample of Echoes

11 comments:

  1. I need to get this one it sounds awesome!!! Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Echoes, Cari! For anyone who wants to check it out, you can browse through the first few chapters here: http://bit.ly/b9yt4b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. I love the title. Something about that word gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luckyyy, i really want this, tis so pretty!! awesome review, happy reading Missy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I saw this a few weeks (or so) ago on the HarperTeen website (I think). The Cover is gorgeous and it sounds so great... I will definite have to check it out now! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really good! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! It was recently added to my TBR list, so I'll have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cynthia!

    Juju: It's a great title :)

    Julie: HarperTeen has some great ones!

    Bookish Type: Yay I'm sure you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are Fingerprints 4-7 renamed yet? If so, what are the books called now?
    I just finished Echoes and I'm dying, wondering what'll happen next! I have a feeling the person who wants Rae dead miiiight be Yana, but who knows, I can be wrong. (x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading Echoes right now and just started the Haunted part and am TOTALLY in love with it.
    I've been reading a lot of vampire books like the House of Night series and I think Echoes is a good book to get me out of that cycle.:D
    Can't wait to find out what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. any comment with profanity will be deleted

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait.. So is Melinda Metz going to write a sequel to this book (if so, what is it), or is it just an infinite cliff hanger? I read this book like 2 years ago and I'm still in the dark about all this, and am anxious to find out who's trying to kill Rae, and all the other things that are yet to be solved. Please help me!

    ReplyDelete