Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Mockingjay Day!


NOT A BOOK REVIEW. NO SPOILERS

The book community is celebrating! Today is the day we have been waiting for all year!!! I know I say that about a lot of books and I mean it for each and every one! If you, for some reason haven’t read this series….cough…cough..(A certain best bud of mine) ::SHAME::  then run out and pick it up today! My journey started yesterday when I volunteered to work an extra hour so I could be a little late this morning since I was picking up my book. Then, last night I spent hours in front of my closet trying to make my Mockingjay Tee go with my business attire. Finally I decided not to push my luck with my boss and put on slacks and a black top but I did add my Mockingjay pin.
Don’t think it didn’t cross my mind to stay up all night with the kindle edition and take a vacation day. Well being the responsible adult that I am I was out of bed by 5 am, that is 30 minutes earlier than my normal time, so I could get to Blue Willow Bookshop by 7:00 AM. For my twitter followers you know I am late to work 2-3 days a week so it’s rare for me to see 5:30 AM. My sister said she was really proud of me that I would get to work on time and when I explained it was for a book she called me crazy and went back to getting ready.
Now Blue Willow is about 45 minutes from my house with no traffic but why would there not be traffic in the morning rush? Blue Willow is amazing because they normally open at 9:30 am but for Mockingjay they made an exception! Blue Willow also fed those who were crazy….I mean dedicated enough to come to the store at 7 in the morning to pick up their copy. What can be better than a free Chick-fil-A breakfast, Mockingjay first thing in the morning, and the friendly staff at your local indie!?!

Now remember; no spoilers, support your local bookstores, and enjoy Mockingjay Fever!

Also if you’re wondering it took me $3.00 in toll fees, 45 miles, and 1 hr and 20 minutes to get to work!

Visit www.bluewillowbookshop.com

2 comments:

  1. I just heard about this place from Tera Lynn Childs. She has a shout out to them at the ending of Forgive My Fins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're crazy!!!! I wanted to go but now I'm glad I didn't. I forgot about Houston traffic. =)

    ReplyDelete