Sunday, September 12, 2010

The House of Dead Maids

The House of Dead MaidsThe House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I won an advance copy of The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle and I wasn't sure what to expect. The cover is so creepy and fantastic that there is simply no way to overlook it. Dunkle tells an amazing ghost story and you will feel as if a ghost is waking up in your bed. At times I did find the short book hard to follow and it keeps you guessing until the very end. Fans of Emily Bronte will want to pick this up as it is written as a prequel to Wuthering Heights. If you are looking for a short spooky story this one is for you. If you need more convincing check out the book trailer.

6 comments:

  1. The cover is definitely creepy!!! I was curious about this one, great review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia I was scared to sleep with the lights out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. Yeah. That cover is defs creepy. I am not sure I could hold that book. I have a thing about actually holding creepy pics/books/etc. I know. Could I be any weirder??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it, I added it to my list. It does looks creepy and just perfect for the winterdays. :) Wuthering Heights is a great classic novel and I really enjoyed reading that one. So this one sounds okay and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juju: Its a great fast read :)

    Lili: LOL I get it people gave me weird looks when I walked around with it at work.

    Nina: You know I agree it does feel like a winter book.

    ReplyDelete