Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: Cresendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Some Spoilers
At the beginning of Cresendo life is good Patch and Nora are dating but then Nora tells Patch how she feels about him and he turns into a completely different guy. PATCH!!!!!!! I really enjoyed that Cresendo has plenty of mystery and even some humor. Nora gets herself in plenty of trouble trying to investigate those who hold secrets from her but gets caught most of the time. Nora starts having visions of her father and she isn’t sure if it’s his ghost or some hallucination. As the story goes on Nora finds out that Patch could have been the cause of her father’s death. As if things couldn’t get any worse Patch starts going out with Marcy, whose mission in life is to make Nora’s life a living hell. Nora finds it hard to let go of Patch and wants to find out if he is really over her.

In Cresendo secrets are revealed and a lot of questions are answered. Becca Fitzpatrick does a great job of making you cry, yell, and get angry. If an author can have that affect on you I think she has done a great job but when you get invested in the characters I find it hard to loose them. In the end I don’t think Patch can make amends for everything he did in Cresendo.

5 comments:

  1. Cry, yell, and get angry? Coool. I love when books move me :) Even if it's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black tree...nice. I am reading Crescendo, so I am not even looking at your review, but know that I am having a hard time not reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing 'again' mixed stuff about this book. I liked the first one, not loved, but just thought it was nice. I wonder if I should get this one. mmm. I probably wind up getting a copy in the christmas break..see I'm already planning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina: I remember seeing your review and I loved Hush Hush and the story is great in Cresendo but I just don't agree with all that happened and where it ended up. I'm still angry at Patch. I would read it and I'm sure I'll read book 3.

    Thanks GirlsintheStacks I am so glad you dropped by my blog I love your site.

    Juju: That's why I gave it a high mark because it made you feel something even if it isn't all happy and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean but I'm hoping that he will make amends in Tempest. =/ Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete