Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year - New Book Resolutions!

Wow 2010 has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I remember thinking it seemed like I had to wait an eternity before I got to read Linger, Mockingjay, and counting down the days to great tours like Smart Chicks, Harper Supernatural Summer Tour, and of course the Texas Book Festival!



So with a new year comes new goals and dreams!  My blogger friend Melissa at My World ...in words and pages created a post about New Years Bookish resolutions so here are some of mine.

Reading Goal: 75 Books that is 15 more than 2010

New authors challenge: 25 of the 75 books I read should be new authors I have never read before.  Last year I participated in Literary Escapism New Author Challenge and met my goal so I hope to be able to do the same this year.  These do not have to be debut authors just authors that you have never read before.

Blog goals: More author interviews, fun giveaways, and blog more!

Attend Events: Texas Book Festival in Austin, try to attend as many YA events in Houston as possible, and other fun book events in Texas.

I am looking forward to hanging out with the great group of friends I have made due to our love of books as well as meet lots of great authors, readers, and bloggers!

Of course what would 2011 be without all the great books that will be released? So the countdown begins and my list of books I am looking forward to in 2011 grows!  If you are wondering I keep a list on the Release Date tab.

What are some of your goals?  To read more resolutions visit Melissa's blog!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions , may we all be able to keep them this next year . Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! There are definitely some awesome new releases hitting shelves in 2011 -- I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cari! :)

    Great Resolutions! I like how you have upped your reading number. I'm afraid to up it that much as I may not be able to read fast enough to do it. :) But adding the new authors is a great idea! I really like that one. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful new year! And thank you for posting and linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great goals. That challenge sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals! My goal is to read MORE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for 2011!!! Great resolutions for the new year, I'm looking forward to going to more bookish events with you again. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about setting some New Year's Resolutions, something I've never done before. I did just start tracking my writing progress on my blog, so perhaps goals are next :)

    Good luck on your goals. They look great and I don't doubt that you will complete them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new year resolutions! This is a great list you have here. I am so, so glad we met.. and I can't wait to attend some YA events with you! I like your idea of reading at least 25 new author books, but not necessarily debut authors. I may try & do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There!
    I'm joining you also! My primary goal is to clean up my office and keep it that way so that I can use it :) I'll look forward to hearing how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew there were some cool sounding events in Texas. I'm going to have to check that out. The book festival in Austin sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete