Monday, December 20, 2010

The world of Gae Polisner

When I first heard that 2K11 blog existed I took a long shot and emailed them to ask if they would be interested in being featured on my blog.  I never knew if I would hear back or so imagine my surprised when they said yes!  Gae is one of the authors who does not have a cover yet and when I suggested she draw one she actually did.  She is so much fun and I have been receiving the best artwork emails from her and I would like to share it with you.  Also you know if I ever meet Gae I am going to print these on photo paper and have her sign them!

Gae's Pull of Gravity Cover Art


Gae's self portrait


Did you know Geoff Herbach's nick name is Nacho dip?  When I asked Gae posted this:
I believe Geoff's nickname Nacho Dip comes from the fact that on the day of his birth, his parents couldn't make it all the way to the hospital, and so they stopped the car outside a Dorito facility. Rumour has it, he was born in a giant batch of chips.

Update! More art!!!

 
For more nick names and details on 2K11 visit http://www.classof2k11.com/

20 comments:

  1. oh, good god, i am an idiot! and I love my classy british spelling of rumour. Nice touch.

    thanks for being amused by me, Cari, and for hosting all the 2K11'ers.

    You rock. (No, I will not do a drawing of you rocking!)

    (okay, yes, now I probably will...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, These are awesome! I love them. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cynthia,

    the boots are way more kicking in person.

    the ears, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and who the f*** uses the word "kicking?"

    *shakes head at ridiculous self*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gae: You have an open door policy on my blog please anytime you feel creative I'll be glad to post it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are pretty sweet. I believe I saw them in an art gallery...they have art there, right? You should just do this will all authors, Cari, instead of their book cover just have them draw one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gae just heard that the German rights to THE PULL OF GRAVITY were sold and I think that they should use Gae's art work for the international editions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why we love Gae, who's nickname by the way is the Buoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, seriously, you are all in a back room winking and laughing at me somewhere, aren't you?

    btw, does anyone know how to make a cartoon drawing look "more German?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I'm trying to get the publisher to replace the Stupid Fast cover with Gae's important Nacho Dip work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Nacho Dip that should be the poster you have bookstores display!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love these pictures! I'll take one of each. Oh they are not for sale? -sigh-

    They are great pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. important, yes. Geoff is right. Important is the operative word.

    I may have to attempt some other nicknames...

    ReplyDelete
  14. *hands in one more bad drawing and swears off bad drawings forever more... or, you know, until later...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahahahahaha! Gae makes 2K11 FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gae, I love love love your artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gae - you'll have to have two tables at a signing - one for your book and one for your art!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for re-sharing this with me, Cari. I'm proud to say, I've only become more idiotic as the days have rolled by. <3 <3 <#

    ReplyDelete