Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 2011 YA Contemporary Challenge

Reggie at The Undercover Book Lover is hosting a YA Contemporary challenge for 2011!  While it was vampires who drew me to YA sometimes a girl needs real life.  I also find contemporary to be a great pick me up after dystopia so this challenge is actually perfect.

What is contemporary? It's the genre wherein the events can happen in real life at the present time. The characters in the novel can be present in real life.

Goal: To read a minimum of thirteen young adult contemporary novels published in 2011.

Rules:
- All contemporary books must be in the Young Adult genre
- Books have to be published in 2011
- Open to everybody.
- You can join whenever you want

So are you ready to sign up?  Hurry over to Undercover Book Lover for more details!

My List:
01) Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
02) The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
03) OyMG by Amy Fellner Dominy
04) Illegal by Bettina Restrepo
05) My Not-So-Still Life by Liz Gallagher
06) Popular by Alissa Grosso 
07) Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
08) Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
09) Lola and the Boy Next Door
10) The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
11) Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
12)  Past Perfect by Leila Sales
13) The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for sharing...I'll head over and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll be reading tons of Contemps this year - so I'm thinking about signing up for this challenge! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :-)

    ReplyDelete