Sunday, January 2, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

5 of 5 Stars

I am so smitten with Anna and the French Kiss! Anna is sent to study in France which sounds fantastic! Only Anna doesn't speak the language, has never been to Paris, and wasn't consulted on the decision to go!

After a freak out about being in Paris Anna meets her neighbor Meredith who quickly befriends her and makes her more at ease. On that same night Anna also runs into the cutest guy in school. Etienne St. Clair is charming and quickly becomes one of Anna’s good friends. St. Clair is perfect in every way except for his girlfriend. [Insert frustration here]

Anna getting use to Paris is comical from trying to order food to not wanting to leave her dorm to explore the city. Even though Anna finds a great group of friends she really enjoys spending time with St. Clair. There is sweetness and turmoil in St. Clair and Anna's friendship that kept the book interesting. I loved the family plots even if Perkins might have been making fun of one of my favorite authors.

Perkins attention to detail made France seem delightful and whimsy. I felt as if I were in one of the old black and white movie filled with fun situations and romance. Anna and the French Kiss is Stephanie Perkins debut novel which has been a huge hit in the YA world. Perkins is currently working on her second novel Lola and the Boy Next Door to be released in September 2011.

10 comments:

  1. woah seems good!
    will trying read it later ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book and I thought it was funny whe she was describing Anna's dad, lol. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be reading this book next after I finish Wither. I can't wait! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Anna this morning! SO cute!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can anyone freak out over going to Paris? I love anything French and this book sounds super sweet plus everyone seems to be loving it. I'll definitely have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meggyh: I highly recommend this book!

    Cynthia: I know I laughed at the cable knit sweaters

    Tara: You will love it! Wither is on my to read!

    Jen: Wasn't it so adorable!

    Adriana: Well I might have a minor freak out about being dropped in a foreign country but yes I would quickly get over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review! This book made me so wish I could go to Paris ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the comparison to a black and white film! I cannot wait to read this book! Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful and whimsy? OK! I'm sold. I want this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea Me too! Let's book a flight ;)

    CaseyThis is a good one after dystopia books. Makes you believe in happy!

    Juju: You would LOVE this book!

    ReplyDelete