Saturday, January 15, 2011

Talking Last Sacrifice

I never did a full review of Last Sacrifice so here is a condensed version of what I thought.  If you haven't finished this book you might want to skip this.


4 of 5 Stars

I thought Last Sacrifice was long and it could have even been split into two books.  Richelle gives us so much detail about everyday from both Lissa and Rose's point of view that some points just drag.  Also Last Sacrifice was close to 600 pages so you would expect everything to be wrapped up in a nice little package.  Well that wasn't the case in fact Richelle only wrapped up Rose's story and left a lot undone for her spin off series.  While I understand that Sidney, Jill, and Rose's ex will move on so much wasn't finished.

Towards the end of Last Sacrifice Lissa is put in danger and Rose takes a bullet for her which is so like Rose but Lissa is rushed away to safety and doesn't see her for days.  Knowing that Lissa can heal her I would think she would have fought harder to save Rose but that doesn't happen.  I was also hoping that somewhere along the way Dimitri would get to visit his family because they think he is dead, but that didn't happen.

In the end I didn't like Lissa any better.  Dimitri still holds my heart and Rose will always be one of my favorite characters.  I didn't feel this book did the series justice but I guess we will see where the spin off takes us.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed Lissa has never stood out to me and I have never really been to fond of her. I wasn't sure what to make of the ending (Team Adrian) I was completely shattered for him and thought from that perspective Rose was very insensitive poor him! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also hoping Dimitri's family would make an appearance and was also really heartbroken for Adrian. That scene where they breakup is pretty brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm still waiting on the book to show up. (this is the one from Book Depository) I hope your book finally came. But now that I have this one on the way I'm going to have to start the whole series! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I never liked Lissa I always thought she was a spoiled brat and a little selfish. I loved Rose she's always been my favorite, but I'm with you on this one. It just didn't do it for me and it was a little dissappointing. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueicegal ♥ I completely agree I don't think everything was closed properly.

    jesstx I know I wanted to see his family reunion with him and Rose

    Melissa: If you want to borrow my copy let me know.

    Cynthia: Let's hope she comes to visit and we can ask her.

    ReplyDelete