Friday, January 14, 2011

Talking Spirit Bound

As may of you might have noticed I never reviewed Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead so I thought I would give you my thoughts on Spirit Bound today and Last Sacrifice tomorrow.   Note if you haven't finished the series you might want to skip this review.


4 of 5 Stars

Rose is trying to graduate while Dimitri is still a deadly strigoi.  Rose returns to St Vladimir defeated after trying to save Dimitri and he torments her with love notes about how he plans to kill her.  Oh Dimitri if I didn't love you so much I would hate you!  Rose and Lissa use their enemy to find out the secret to saving Dimitri, but have to break all kinds of rules to do it.  Lissa goes along with the plan since she had made a promise to Rose that she would help her try and save Dimitri and in the end she does manage to save Dimitri and he is grateful to Lissa but what I wasn't expecting is his reaction towards Rose.  Hello Rose gave up everything to save you and you just don't want to see her?  All the gratitude is for Lissa?!?  I have never been a fan of Lissa so this just reminded me why I disliked her.  What made matters worse is she gets all protective over Dimitri.  How could Dimitri forgot that Rose went through hell to honor him and everything he did to her in Blood Promise.  I wasn't happy with the book but I still loved the series.  Check back tomorrow for my thoughts on Last Sacrifice.

For Buffy Fans: This is like when Willow brings Angel soul back and instead of being grateful to Buffy he is all at Willows feet.  No!

8 comments:

  1. Oh...Dimitri made me SO mad in this book!! I was happy he was turned back, and I know it was hard for him to see Rose after all he did for her, but when he started "worshiping" Lissa I wanted to slap him, lol. Meanwhile, we have Adrian being the perfect boyfriend..it was like bizarro world. Have to admit though...I was Team Adrian at the end of this one...but did I stay that way? Dun dun dun!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never Team Adrian I was sad but I wasn't willing to give up on Dimitri. I loved him so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened this & then scrolled down to the bottom - I haven't finished this book yet! but I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, it appears I should rewatch some old Buffy eps. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand what you mean, I hated that part when Dimitri just starts worshipin Lissa which I never even liked so it pissed me off but I still loved the series and couldn't get enough of it. Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gahhhh I really need to keep reading this series! I've only read book one so far. Excellent thoughts, and I can't wait to read it and compare notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite vamp series! I love, love, LOVE Dimitri. I could live without Lissa, though. What a spoiled brat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AshHadAns: Dimitri is my love!

    ReplyDelete