Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: Darkest Mercy

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars


If you have not read the first four books here is the short version:
Melissa Marr is by far my number one fey author. If you are not familiar with her books you want to start with Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadow, and finally Darkest Mercy. Now if the title doesn’t tell you I can promise you there will be so much sadness. Marr does a great job of giving all the main characters closure, but nothing is ever simple. I think the key words to describe this book are love and loss. I also love that Marr drops the book titles in the story and reminds us what each title means. Every single part of this book is amazing and cried but Marr’s books often make me cry. Bottom line I think this was a great ending to the series!

If you have read Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, and Radiant Shadows then read on:
Darkest Mercy picks up where Radiant Shadows left off. Bananach is out for war and she will stop at nothing until she succeeds. Keenan has been missing for a few reasons one he can’t seem to function with Ash not wanting to be his mate but also because he is hoping to seek allies if war arises. Who would have thought Kingling would be thinking ahead. While Keenan is gone it gives Ash time to look back and think about where her life was before she became queen and how much she has changed.

As you may remember at the end of Radiant Shadows Banaach wounded Irial and Niall starts to lose it. The dark court will be weakened without its former king and if it’s current king won’t deal with his grief. Taking out Irial was strategic for Bananach and she continues to take out those most important to the head of the courts. War knows that with a weak monarch she can take power but not until the courts ban together will they stand a chance. The problem is that if they do nothing War will take out the courts and make herself queen but to kill one of the originals, Bananach or Sorcha, will kill all the fey.

In the end War is bloody, violent, and deadly. Some will lose, some will die, and nothing will ever be the same. I can honestly say I have never seen a more perfect last book! I am sad because for five books I have loved this series and I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to let go but I do look forward to more books from Melissa Marr.

6 comments:

  1. A 5 out or 5, ey? Those are the reviews that I can never ignore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on that recommendation, I'll pick up this series next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've convinced me, I definitely need to pick up this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first two books of this series but I don't remember anything, so I should probably reread those and get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her writing and I'm a huge fan of this series. I still need to read Radiant Shadow, but I do not want this series to end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about Melissa Marr and I think she is a good writer, but in my country these books are not found, so i have to wait a long time until I can read them.
    Thanks for details, I like to read and write too.
    xoxo,miku

    ReplyDelete