Monday, February 28, 2011

Review: Falling Under


Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Falling Under was nothing like I expected. I thought it would be a story about fey but I was wrong Gwen Hayes gives you a new dark creature to be taken by. In Falling Under Theia’s life is very normal and even a little boring until she finds a burning man on her lawn. Theia isn’t sure if she’s dreaming but from that moment her life is thrown into the supernatural. Theia also realizes if it was a dream she was sleepwalking because her clothes show signs of being out in the yard. She soon starts dreaming about a Victorian gothic gorgeous guy who she has never met. The next day Haden starts school and as soon as Theia sees him she knows he is the guy from her dreams. Only he isn’t goth but Abercrombie gorgeous! I would never have dreamed that a guy could be both emo goth and dream guy but Haden is hotness. Haden and Theia have one of those the earth stops kind of moment without even speaking but tries his best to avoid her. Haden reminds me a little of Patch from Hush, Hush because he’s hot and dark but has his jerk moments. Regardless of the jerk moments Haden does redeem himself.

Theia and Haden spend plenty of time in the dark dream world but Theia isn’t convinced if Haden knows or if it’s simply her dream. In Theia’s dreams she finds out who Haden is and why he suddenly shows up in her world. Haden’s reasons for showing up will only bring misery. The world where Theia dreams is dark and twisted and yet there is a beauty in the details.

Falling Under is told in two worlds where Theia and Haden will learn what it means to walk in each other's footsteps. Haden’s infatuation with Theia brings her a world of danger but her loved ones will stop at nothing to save her. Falling Under had a definite ending but with room for more books. Also if you are wondering Falling Under feels a bit like Twilight but Gwen Hayes acknowledges that in the novel and I found it amusing. I can really see fans of Fallen by Lauren Kate really enjoying this one. Falling Under is Gwen Hayes debut novel and I am impressed and look forward to more novels from her.

Gwen can be found online at: http://www.gwenhayes.com

6 comments:

  1. I just finished reading this one last and completely agree with you! This novel is most certainly one for Twilight fans and Fallen fans. I really enjoyed both Theia and Haden's characters and can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She acknowledges the Twilight feel? How funny and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, this cover is gorgeous! And the storyline sounds super interesting - great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, sounds really good! I've never heard of this one until now. Thanks for the great review. :) I'm going to add it to my WANT list now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to the next one, the way the book ended left me wanting more. I looooved Haden, he was soo hot! =D

    ReplyDelete