Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nightshade and Wolfsbane Covers

Last year I read Nightshade and while I wasn't a big fan of the book I did love the cover. Don't get me wrong I liked the book, but never fell in love. Yesterday she blogged about the fact that they would be redesigning the Nightshade paperback cover and that the new Wolfsbane cover will be changed to match the paperback one. Fans were complaining that the new cover will not match the first book but really the author doesn't have control over what is done to the cover.

We saw this happen with Morganville all the books had been published in small paperback versions and then on book 10 they went with a hardcover book. Vampire Academy and House of Night also start off paperback and move to hardcover. My personal opinion I would have liked for them to stick to the original green Wolfsbane cover for the hardcover and then change it for the paperback, because I like for all my books to match. So what are your thoughts?


Nightshade (hardcover)


Night Shade (paperback)


Wolfsbane (New cover for both hardcover and paperback)


Wolfsbane (Old cover that will not to be used)

10 comments:

  1. Wow both of the new covers are horrible. I would recommend people to snatch up the old nightshade cover now before it's to late. What about Wolfsbane though, the old cover is gorgeous and many of us who haven't got the arc will not be able to buy it *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the new NIGHTSHADE but the old WOLFSBANE cover:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hate or love the new covers over the old ones. They are both nice in their own way, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new covers look for sultry urban fantasy than YA. I'm sorry, but I really don't like them. They're kind of plain and boring. Plus, the new Wolfsbane hard cover looks like she's about to take a poo. They should've stuck with the original ones. Or used those for only the paperback and not the hardbacks, too.

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the old covers more as well...they are definitely cooler, more intense, and just overall better looking.

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kinda like the new one. Probably because it makes it obvious which paranormal the book is about. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the new paperback cover. It looks really neat with the wolf and the human face sharing the eye. Cool stuff there. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely love the original covers for both, but since I loved Nightshade so much I'll buy Wolfsbane no matter what the cover is. I hope others that haven't read Nightshade don't totally judge by the cover though because the first version is definitely more eye-catching and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had a nice book shelf for all my books then I would probably want them all to match, all paperback or hardback, maybe even same cover concept. However, the ones I keep I keep those in my closet. And no one see those but me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a major pet peeve of mine as well especially because I like to purchase hardcover copies of my favorite books and bothers me when they don't match the paperback cover of the original book I fell in love with. What is especially bothersome is when they change the cover so that the physical description of the character in the book doesn't match the cover and I have found this happens especially with african american characters. The ONLY reason I see to change the cover is for a re-release that occurs when a book is being made into a movie, but that's a separate subject entirely.

    ReplyDelete