Sunday, April 3, 2011

Review: Here Lies Bridget

Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

This is the first book I have ever read where the mean girl is the main character and Bridget makes most mean girls seem tame. There were so many times where I wanted to call her on her crap or just reach through the book and smack her. I know, I know, violence doesn't solve anything but if you met Bridget you might reconsider. See, Bridget never felt remorse for any of her evil ways like when she spread a rumor that her teacher and step-mom were having an affair to explain why she was always late to class. The rumor gets her teacher fired and Bridget doesn't worry what it would do to her step-mother's reputation. Seems like when anything bad happens she makes an excuse for her bad behavior and blames it on everyone else.

For about half of the book it's all about Britney the tyrant and then she does the unthinkable. Bridget is hurtful to everyone in her life and when she realizes her friends and family along with the rest of the school is sick of her she decides to leave school and figures if she crashes and dies they will all be sorry for how they treated her. Bridget thinks about the media coverage she would get, what her funeral would be like, who will feel bad about what led her to her death.....SELFISH!!! How about an apology! How about taking credit for the horrible acts you have done!

Bridget does learn that life and death aren't easy and that you must own up to all the things you do in life. Paige Harbison does a great job of making Bridget hateful but not so much so where you want to quit the book. I really enjoyed the concept of this book but only wish the second part of the book had been more emotional and drawn out. For those who have read it you will understand and for those who haven't well it would be a major spoiler. I look forward to more books from Paige Harrison in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic review, sweetie! I already hate Bridget, and I haven't even read the book yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE.(:

    Lover,salsadicioccolato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book, and I have been iffy on whether or not I am. It looks like you enjoyed it though, despite wanting to continuously smack the main character lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reasons I love books that I hate the main characters in. I will have to add this one my list. Great review!

    http://seekread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete