Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teen Book Con 2011

Houston TeenBookcon April 9, 2011
 

Booklovers all over Houston have a reason to celebrate! Librarians in the greater Houston area who want to celebrate and promote reading by connecting teens with authors have organized TeenBookcon.

Author Deb Caletti will be the keynote speaker at the event. Also speaking and signing Brent Crawford, Andrea Cremer, Gail Giles, Rachel Hawkins, Ellen Hopkins, Stacey Kade, Lindsey Leavitt, Saundra Mitchell, Lauren Myracle, Blake Nelson, R. A. Nelson, Stephanie Perkins, Joy Preble, Elizabeth Scott, Kristen Tracy, and Brian Yansky. Graphic novelists Mark Crilley, Misako Rocks, Raina Telgemeier, and Doug TenNapel will also be at the event.

Greater Houston TeenBookCon, to be held at Alief Taylor High School, 7555 Howell‐Sugar Land Rd, Houston, TX 77083 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 9th. The event is free and will be promoted throughout the Greater Houston area and across several counties.

Blue Willow Bookshop is the official bookseller of TeenBookCon. All featured authors’ books will be available for purchase. Buy books at the festival and have them signed by your favorite authors at the end of the day!

For more information visit: http://www.teenbookcon.org

9 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! Wish I was in Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I get a baby sitter I plan on going to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why doesn't Arizona have this kinda thing? ): I wish I could jet over to Texas for this event

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this sounds so awesome! Sadly, North Carolina is quite far from Texas. :( I wish I could attend!

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great idea and a fun place to be! I wish there was one for teens around here. I have a few friends with teens how love to read the books I do and we could all go and have a great time. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to meet all of you guys!! And this event sounds like it is going to be fantastic. See you Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete