Friday, May 13, 2011

Comic strip: The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner

Today I have a special treat for you. Instead of your ordinary guest post I asked author of The Pull of Gravity Gae Polisner to do a comic strip for my blog.  I know this sounds like a random request but when I first introduced the Class of 2k11 Gae didn't have a cover so she drew one for me.  She is so funny and I am super excited to read her book.


About the book:
While Nick Gardner’s family is falling apart, his best friend, Scooter, is dying from a freak disease. The Scoot’s final wish is that Nick and their quirky classmate, Jaycee Amato, deliver a prized first-edition copy of Of Mice and Men to the Scoot’s father. There’s just one problem: the Scoot’s father walked out years ago and hasn’t been heard from since. So, guided by Steinbeck’s life lessons, and with only the vaguest of plans, Nick and Jaycee set off to find him.

Characters you’ll want to become friends with and a narrative voice that sparkles with wit make this a truly original coming-of-age story.








I want to thank Gae for visiting my blog and look for my review of The Pull of Gravity soon! The Pull of Gravity is in stores now! You can find Gae online at: http://gaepolisner.com/

6 comments:

  1. I have this sudden need to head to Target and buy a spatula....

    This is awesome! Not suprising, as Gae is one of the most fabulous creatures on God's Earth. Thanks for this, Cari! You rock!

    Trin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the finest comic lacking a spatula that I have ever seen.

    And nah nah nah nah nah...just got my copy of Gae's book TODAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But where IS the spatula. (love it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spatula! Amazing stuff. I love how we get instructions through each step. Made me laugh. I think we need a series at least bi-monthly if not weekly.
    www.oscarandozcar.com

    ReplyDelete