Monday, May 16, 2011

My Book Filled Weekend!

Hi Readers,

I hope everyone had a great weekend after all the craziness with blogger. For me Houston was buzzing with events. I started out Friday at Blue Willow Book Shop to see Katie Crouch who was on the last stop of her tour for The Magnolia Leagues. Katie started the night by reading from her childhood diaries and journals and then read a few passages of The Magnolia Leagues. She was very sweet in answering questions and told us about her adventures on her book tour. For example at the big chain store she wasn’t allowed near 100 feet of the ereaders. I think if I was an author I would have pretended to drop my contact right in front of the display while holding my book.


Saturday I set my alarm for 7:00 AM and yes this was book related. See at 9:00 AM the Houston Public Library was having their annual sale where all hardcover books are $2.00 and paperbacks are $1.00. When the alarm first went off I told myself it was too early and I had enough books. The fact that a thought like “I have enough books” crossed my mind woke me up enough to get ready. I also had a plan see I kept telling myself all week I was only going to spend 25 dollars and my coworkers laughed. I ended up with 19 paperback books and 10 hardcover books. A nice couple who were leaving at the same time saw my bags and the husband even offered to help carry my bags. I smiled and said thanks but I was parked close by. I know I went a little over my budget but it’s for the library so it was really a charitable donation.





About 11:00 I went home to have lunch and get ready because at 1:00 PM I had to be back at Blue Willow for Christina Mandelski’s book party. Chris is part of the Class of 2K11 and was super nervous that no one would show up. It was just the opposite she had a great turn out. She talked about the recipe for how she got published and her father was in the audience and he spoke of Chris writing poetry as a child. Chris baked cupcakes that were delicious and everyone was very friendly. It was a great event and I’m really glad to meet another Class of 2K11 in person.


Sunday I met up with my two blogger pals Cynthia from A Blog About Nothing and Lena from Addicted to Novels and watched Something Borrowed and Bridesmaids. Dex run away with me I seriously love you and not just because you are hot. OK seriously he is so freaking hot! Bridesmaids was so unbelievably funny that the previews don’t do it justice. Seriously you want to watch these! So that was my crazy but book filled weekend what did you do?



I would also like to wish my friend Michelle from Windowpane Memoirs a very happy birthday!  She is super sweet and we will be roomies at ALA in New Orleans.  Hugs Michelle!!!

15 comments:

  1. Fun!!! Sorry I couldn't make it to the movies with you guys. Yay for book filled weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend. I really want to see both movies. I love John Krasinski from Something Borrowed. (I LOVE him from The Office!)and of course Kristin Wiig is my fav from SNL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a totally amazing weekend to me! My weekend was nowhere near that fun! I also love me some library book sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun weekend girl. You know I am super jealous, right?

    Though, we did have a blogger meet up yesterday and Michelle was there. She is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantabulous weekend. Bridesmaids was HILARIOUS! I'm so glad we went. And yaaaay for Michelle's bday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tons of book awesomeness! My library has to cancel their annual book sale because they are remodeling :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome weekend! I feel inspired to find one like this for myself here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looooved Bridesmaids and Dex was sooooooo HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG what fun! I'm envious of your fabulous book filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of your trip to Houston, not only getting to spend so much time in bookstores, but also going to a library sale. I haven't made it to one in ages and frankly, I'm a little scared that I will buy a lot more books if I go:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO BOOKS! What a weekend! And hooray for CHEAP BOOKS! =) I want to see Bridesmaids too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know how jealous I am of perhaps your whole entire weekend, even the waking up at 7 part??? Nothing, absolutely nothing book related happens here in Michigan so consider yourself lucky that you got to meet 2 authors in one weekend. That is just awesome! And holy wow! Look at all of those books you got. Awesome deal!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete