Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Day Book and Movie Trailer


This is one of those instances where I will say I am guilty of judging a book by the cover. I will admit that I have seen One Day by David Nicholls all the time but the cover never really wowed me enough to want to pick it up. Don't get me wrong I will read a book with a bad cover and have read bad books with amazing covers. I'm just really surprised because even when I saw the movie trailer for One Day I thought it looked like a good movie but again I had no idea it was a book. Then last night at Blue Willow I saw that they had bookmarks of the movie and I said to Val (GirlBoss) I love that movie poster and she is the one that told me it was a book and pointed it out. So tell me have you read this book? Do you love it? Do you think the trailer does the book justice? I told her to let me know when they get the movie tie in cover and I will pick it up. Has this happen to you? Did you go see a movie and didn't know it was a book? I think for me I don't read as much fiction as I use to and I don't watch many movies but I do want to see One Day.

8 comments:

  1. OMG... I NEVER made this connection! I totally want to see the movie, but the cover of the book never 'wow-ed' me either!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of movies that I didn't know were books first, especially if they were written long before I could read. I hope the movie does well, and that the book has many more readers because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya. The movie tie in cover is SO much better. Like a zillion times really ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the other cover, the movie in tie. It's so pretty. I would get that one. ;) I can see why you didn't want to get the book with the other cover, it's not pretty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this movie! It looks so sweet and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day I signed on to Goodreads for the past 2 months they had a movie advertisement for One Day but I never even realized it was a book until a read a review for it two days ago! I am excited to watch the movie but I am not entirely sure I want to read the book...weird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eep! I'm also guilty of not knowing One Day was a book before it was a movie! I wonder if movie studios would do better in their promotions if they included "based on the book by..." info in the commercials because lately, the better movies have been book/comic adaptations than original scripts, IMHO.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't raelize the movie was a book until a few weeks ago when someone tweeted about it. The movie looks adorable and I've almost picked up the book a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete