Monday, October 24, 2011

Book Events: David Levithan

If you have ever asked me for a book recommendation then it's a safe bet that I yelled Dash and Lily's Book of Dares and maybe fangirled a little a lot but said you should read it. I have seen David Levithan twice once at TLA and I was the first person in line and then at the Austin Teen Book Festival where I sat front row and took about 100 pictures of him. In reality the chances of me making a fool of myself were small because I was up close for maybe 5 minutes at most.

Well just a few days ago David came up on the Blue Willow event calendar and I just about panicked. See I kept wanting to say OMG come see him I LOVE HIM from the Blue Willow twitter but knew that I had to keep the fan girl in. David was came out and was all smiles then proceeded to read from Every You, Every Me and then opened the floor to questions. Early on he asked for people to take a few pictures and put the cameras away. During the Q&A I snapped a few shots but kept worrying that he would yell at me lucky for he he didn't.

David mentioned that his next collaboration will be with Andrea Cremer, author of the Nightshade Trilogy. David is also Maggie Stiefvater's editor so I asked what was it like to work with her and he said she was wonderful. He also said that Will Grayson, Will Grayson was written early on in both David and John Green's careers. When asked if he is tempted to edit the work of those he collaborates with he said no that he knows when to wear his writer and editor hat.

So did I make a fool of myself? I left the lens cap on when I asked fellow blogger Tillie to take a picture. Oh then she realized that I left it on the art filter. I tried to take a picture of him signing the wall but could only get his backside so I didn't take the picture. Over all I was afraid to speak for fear of acting like a crazy person.

It was great to see author Joy Preble and local bloggers Hip Mama Jenn and Tille.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun event. I saw David Levithan at an event here in MN in September and he was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were totally a fan girl. That was the FIRST time I have ever seen you so crazy! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was completely fangirl! I was afraid I was going to tell him how amazingly brilliant he was.

    ReplyDelete