Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review: 31 Dates in 31 Days


31 Dates in 31 Days by Tamara Duricka Johnson

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


31 Dates is Tamara’s real life story about how she went from instantly falling in love with the wrong guys to taking on a dating project that would teach her how to date. Tamara decided that if she went on 31 first dates she would start to figure out what she was doing wrong. The idea of finding 31 guys who would want to go out with her scared her but she was determined. I kept thinking wow do I have 31 cute dating outfits and how would I not be over it after date 13?

Tamara overcame her fears and she started catching herself thinking about a future with the guy she was on a date with that night, which then spiraled on to "did he like her as much as she liked him?" And all this was happening during their first date! As the dates progress you see the light bulb go off reminding her to break her habits. She even notices when guys start to over share too fast. What she didn’t expect was to learn that guys have a lot of the same insecurities that women have. As expected some were not a match, but some really pulled at my heart and at Tamara.

One of those was Ryan, he had such a great attitude that it seemed unreal, but when he explains why he lives his life the way he does it takes your breath away. We all know people who are scared to live because of what has happened to them in the past, but Ryan lives it to the fullest. So crush worthy!
After a bad date Tamara goes on a date with Christian the comedian and he notices she isn’t really into the date and he calls her on it. I think the fact that he was funny and he called her out on what he saw won me over and I found him to be one of my favorites.

I don’t think I could have survived 31 days without a break but I admire what Tamara did and I think the best thing is that there are good guys out there. Treat all guys with respect because he is someone’s prince charming! 31 Dates in 31 days is sassy, fun and should be on everyone’s wish list!

For more on Tamara visit: http://www.tamaradurickajohnson.com/

5 comments:

  1. Great review. This sounds interesting. And like it would make a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Will have to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely interesting that this is something the author actually did, rather than just fictionalized. As someone who's an awkward dater herself, I may just have to check this one out. Thanks for the rec!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you -- I can't imagine things NOT getting old after like, 4 dates! And ALL THOSE OUTFITS. Oh my word.

    But as you've described it, this does sound like a fun book! And that cover is TOO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun. I've got some bad habits that I wouldn't want to face on the dating scene.

    ReplyDelete