Monday, December 26, 2011

Favorite Books of 2011

For book lovers picking out our favorite books of the year is practically impossible. The way I pick my favorites is to think about those books I gave high ratings to and then which stories really stayed with me. Of course one book you hear me talk about all the time is Catching Jordan. Catching Jordan is the first book in a really long time that has really wowed me so I have to say hands down it's my favorite of 2011. There were also other books that really made me fall in love and I want to share these titles with you. If you don't own these books make sure to add them to your collection in 2012.


Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


Divergent by Veronica Roth


OyMG by Amy Dominy


Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly


Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles


Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton


Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr


Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner


Crank by Ellen Hopkins


Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

20 comments:

  1. Awesome list! There's a few in there I haven't read yet! Definitly looking forward to Catching Jordan and Every Other Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Definitely some here I still need to read. LOVED Lola and Divergent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books, so little time!! Am honored to be on your best list, Cari. Happy New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I have Lola and the Boy Next Door and intend to read it soon. I LOVED Anna and the French Kiss by her so I know I'll love Lola. :)


    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. ''Great list! Definitely some here I still need to read. '' same here

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome list! I loved loved loved CATCHING JORDAN - I was blown away by how GREAT this book was (added it right away to my favorite list). I also read CRANK this year and loved it, even though I actually prefered IMPULSE more. Either way Ellen Hopkins is an amazing author. What a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, Cari! I really need to read Catching Jordan. Some of your favorites will be on mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't tell you how wonderful it is to find my book on this list--thank you Cari! And I just made Catching Jordan the second purchase on my new Nook. (Had to buy OyMG first.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness i've only read one book out of this list...Shame on me! But thanks for your list, it'll help me decide what to read next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ALMOST put Darkest Mercy on mine!! Definitely made the top 15, lol I just bought Catching Jordan too! Great list!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words
    My TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, LOVE your list. I'm excited that I've read a few of those and look forward to reading the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...thanks for this list! i look forward to exploring some of this in 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divergent and Every Other Day were fantastic, and I also really enjoyed Lola and the Boy Next Door. I wish I could have enjoyed Darkest Mercy, but unfortunately, I've been liking each book in the series less and less, mostly because the characters are less and less likable as things progress.

    Here's wishing your 2012 is full of health, happiness, and lots of excellent reads!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm collecting book lists at Semicolon, and if you link, I'll recommend you a book or two to read in 2012. You're invited to the party: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=16513

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list!I didn't get around to read any of these, which I'm sad for because all are on my list. I will definitely be reading them this year though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just started a book blog today and I also created a twitter account for my book blog and I found your blog via twitter. I am not following you on twitter and via my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a great and very diverse list, LOVE IT! The Pull of Gravity was pretty good, it was on my short list of the best of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Divergent and Lola!!!! YES! I can't wait to get my hands on Pandemonium!!!

    ReplyDelete