Friday, January 6, 2012

Exclusive: Miranda Kenneally's Cover and Title for Book 2

I'm thrilled to share the cover and title for for Miranda Kenneally's newest book. CATCHING JORDAN was my favorite book of 2011 and I'm sure Miranda's newest book will be no exception, I'm sure it will steal that spot for 2012. The covers for Miranda's upcoming book and CATCHING JORDAN both have a similar feel, but the great thing about a companion novel is you don't necessarily have to read the first book in order to understand what's going on in the second one. If you follow this blog then you know I highly recommend reading CATCHING JORDAN, like right now. Miranda's second book will be out in October which can't come fast enough for me!

Miranda is currently working on a third companion novel and an anthology titled Dear Teen Me after the very popular blog she and E. Kristin Anderson created.

Without further ado, I give you STEALING PARKER by Miranda Kenneally...


Stealing Parker previously titled The Girl I Use To Be is a companion to Catching Jordan. This book is about a girl named Parker, who has a crush on the 23-year-old coach of the school baseball team. Parker goes to the same school as Jordan Woods and Sam Henry, so you *might* see some familiar faces. -from mirandakenneally.com

30 comments:

  1. Aaah, SO EXCITED for this book!!:D "Stealing Parker" is a great title, and wow, that excerpt made me even more excited!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'awww! So cute! <3 Super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHH!! SO EXCITED. I love the new title AND the cover. :) And that excerpt! I'll definitely have to pre-order this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I love this cover, so bright and colorful! I have a feeling we'll be gushing about this one all over the place, Cari :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! So cute and it will look fantastic sitting next to Catching Jordan! Congrats, Miranda!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove it <33 can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read this! Love the decision to go with similar look/title for a companion book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, I'm so excited for this book! Can't wait for it to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could fall in love fiercely with a book about football, I can only begin to imagine the possibilites of a book about baseball. Love the cover & simply cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEK!! I love it! I adored Catching Jordan and this one sounds just as amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *falls down dead* I need this book NOW! I loved Catching Jordan so much:) Thanks for sharing the cover and new title, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I'm so excited about this book! I just LOVE the title and cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!!!! So can't wait for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miranda needs to do a RUGBY young adult book next! Please Miranda! I've been begging for authors to write about rugby! Hopefully she sees this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BAHHH!! I let out a squeak seeing this! I cannot wait for it to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait!!! Thanks :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for this book to be released! Just finished reading Catching Jordan and I fell in love with the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love when authors set books in the same setting, but feature different characters. It shows how strong the world building is that readers will feel just at home in the second book as they did in the first. And yay for cameos from previous characters--kind of like a "where are they now" montage. :)


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cover is awesome! I haven't read the first book, but this cover makes me want to run to the bookstore and get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all so much for your comments! I love that you love the title and cover. :)

    @Housewife - I am not sure that I'm the best person to write about rugby. All I know is that I love the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This totally reminded me I still need to read Catching Jordan. GAH.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so awesome that she is doing a whole series on sports related YA books. My daughter just loves the Pretty Tough series. I know she will love Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker will be on her want list also.

    ReplyDelete