Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Never Eighteen


Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic

Ratings: 4 of 5 Stars


Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic is the first debut novel from the Class of 2K12. I highly recommend you pick up this novel when it comes out on the 17th of this month. While it's only 200 pages long it's filled with lots of emotional scenes. Never Eighteen is narrated by Austin a guy who is dying from cancer before his eighteenth birthday. There are some dark moments that made me emotional wishing I could reach out and hug the characters. Scenes from Never Eighteen reminded me a tiny bit of Ellen Hopkins, the author of Crank. I will say that I wish the book had been a bit longer because then I think we would have gotten additional details and maybe known a little more about what Austin was feeling. The ending was very touching and I can see teens and adults equally enjoying Never Eighteen.

Never Eighteen is Megan's first novel which will be released January 17th 2012. Megan is currently working on her second contemporary novel. I hope you come back January 13th when Megan will be discussing Never Eighteen.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to read about cancer, but especially in a young person. Can't wait to read. Hopefully it will coincide with when I need a good cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review!!! I love books about real life situations. Never Eighteen sounds like a really emotional, deep story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the review. Cancer hits close to home, but I interested in reading how Austin deals with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! Sounds like a book I'd enjoy! Sometimes although the plot is predictable, the great writing style of the author makes the book great & this one sounds like a book like that! Now I'll add it on my wishlist & hopefully I can get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! Sounds like a book I'd enjoy! Sometimes although the plot is predictable, the great writing style of the author makes the book great & this one sounds like a book like that! Now I'll add it on my wishlist & hopefully I can get it soon.

    ReplyDelete