Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog Talk: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting


The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting is easily a 5 Star Book!

Spoiler Free

Have you ever loved a book so much that if its part of a series you're afraid that the next book will ruin it? Not that you don't trust the author, but just that you are so invested and happy where the last book ended, that if someone we're to die or the book didn't live up to your expectations the entire series is now ruined for you.

Ok, if I haven't lost you let me say that I just finished The Last Echo and while I have had this book for months and was dying to get it I was so afraid to read it. I can honestly say The Body Finder is one of my favorite YA novels of all time. Kim's writing is top notch and Jay is one of my favorite YA guys, so much so that my friend @librarygal and I fight about Jay all the time until Jay popped the question. If you don't believe me our wedding invite is below. Yes people it was a beautiful ceremony and Kim cheered us on ;) um no word from Violet.

When some asks "What book do you recommend?" The Body Finder is always my automatic answer. I pursued (hounded) my friends until they read it, that's how much I love this series. So I got the book and I read Chapter One and was so afraid that Kim would do something drastic and I would be heartbroken. So I carried the book around and tried to work up the courage to read it and finally did. I have never been so nervous and worried about what would happen.

I don't believe in spoilers so I won't say much, but Kim has a way of grabbing you and throwing you into such intense situations that you will find yourself drained, nervous and down right freaked out. The Last Echo is a wonderful story and leaves just enough unanswered questions to see how Kimberly will wrap up the series in her fourth and final installment.


8 comments:

  1. OMG! That is hilarious. I'd marry Jay in a heartbeat -- don't tell my husband! :P I'm so scared for The Last Echo, and I commend your bravery. I'll be gettin' it on an ARC tour soon, so I hope we can discuss it after I read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That invite cracks me up every time. I love Jaaaaay!!! I am on an ARC tour for this book and I can't WAIT to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you're awesome! Jay is one of my favorites too, I LOVED book one so much, I've been afraid to read book two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this ALL THE TIME!!! I will put off a book that I really want to read because 1. don't want it to be over 2. afraid I won't like how it will end.

    The Body Finder was a GREAT book, loved it so much and Jay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read THE LAST ECHO!!! I'm a bit afraid of Rafe though...
    LOL at your wedding invitation!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your very spoiler free share. I'm so afraid of what might happen with Rafe. Agreed. If you haven't read TBF, we can't be friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post;) love it. And the wedding was beautiful, even if Jay did wink at me through the ceremony;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahaha....Cari...you crack me up! :)

    ReplyDelete