Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interview: Patrice Lyle



I would like to welcome Class of 2k12 author Patrice Lyle who is the author of LETHALLY BLONDE. LEATHALLY BLONDE will be released February 14th and Patrice is here to talk all about her new book.


What was your initial reaction when you received the news that Lethally Blonde would be published?
I sat on the couch, staring at my laptop like it had grown horns or something! Honestly, I was shocked and stunned and excited. LETHALLY BLONDE is my sixth completed novel and my second completed YA novel. So I was pretty stoked!

Describe your book in 5 words?
Hhmm…five words? Really? Lol Okay, how about…Blondie works for the Devil? There I did it in five words.

How did you come up with the idea behind Lethally Blonde?
I’d wanted to do something with demons, but with a twist. So I came up with Morgan Skully, the only blonde demon chick in the world who isn’t dark and creepy, but blonde and fun! She loves shopping (Dante’s is her favorite store), shoes, platinum blonde highlights and pedicures. Plus she loves spy work. She goes to Pitchfork Prep, a school for demons who are learning to become spies. All of the demon kids there are rich except for her. She got accepted because her dad made the proverbial “pact with the devil” and got her in… but with a price. She has to be the Devil’s personal spy at Pitchfork Prep. It’s a fun book and I love Morgan because she gets to do all sorts of fun things like use her laser vision – demon eyes can turn into lethal lasers on command – and hunt down murderous werewolves.

Describe a typical day for Morgan Skully.
Morgan’s days include going to Pitchfork Prep where she can do anything from studying Werewolf History to practicing her laser eye skills, which could use some serious work, to reading about the Demon Revolution to spying on Derek. The cutest demon guy at Pitchfork Prep. He’s the Captain of the Junior Flame Throwers and Morgan’s got a huge crush on him. She could also be shopping with her two best friends, Zelda and Sienna, at her favorite store, Dante’s. Or she could be hightailing it to a meeting with her boss, the Devil, since she’s his personal spy at Pitchfork. So obviously, Morgan never bored!

Can you tell us about the love interest?
Yes! Morgan’s got the hots for Derek, the Captain of the Junior Flame Throwers, and the cutest guy ever! She’s like him for quite a while and he finally asks her out and she’s, of course, elated, but Penelope’s not. Penelope is the snottiest demon girl at school – her mother’s the principal – and she hates Morgan once she and Derek start dating and tries to break them up, including framing Morgan for shoplifting at Dante’s in front of Derek’s mother. But, in the end, love conquers all and Morgan gets her demon guy.

Who are some of your favorite YA authors?
I currently love Kelley Armstrong, Sarah Mlynowski, Stephenie Meyer, Suzanne Harper, Mariah Fredericks, and Victoria Ashton, but I’m always ready to fall in love with a new YA or MG book at any time! For adult, I love reading H.P. Mallory, Candace Bushnell, Janet Evanovich, Nelson DeMille and Laura Levine.

What are you next projects?
I just finished a paranormal MG novel and am now working on the second book in the LETHALLY BLONDE series.

I want to thank Patrice for taking time to visit my blog and look for her book next Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind this book! Thanks for featuring it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting, will be going on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete