Friday, February 3, 2012

Quick Look: Audio Edition

Sometimes life gets in the way and I read or listen to novels faster than I can write full reviews so randomly I will throw some recommendations at you.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Lani Taylor - Holy smokes this is one of the best novels I have heard on audio. Daughter of Smoke & Bones is paranormal meets action with hidden secrets. I can tell you that fans of any genre will enjoy the world that Lani Taylor built. The story is narrated by Khristine Hvam who brings the characters to life. I loved this book so much that I purchased the real book because I'm sure I will read it soon.






Ashes by Ilsa Bick - If you have ever wondered about a post apocalyptic novel then Ashes has to be the one you start with. Ashes has such a strong, main character, Alex, who is coming to terms with death and then the world changes and all Alex can think about is surviving. I loved this book so much, that when someone asks for an audio book recommendation this is the novel I gush about.





If you love contemporary novels that include fashion and Hollywood but also have a pretty clean storyline I would say you need to download the Secrets of My Hollywood Life series by Jen Calonita. I found these on audible for 3.95. There is nothing too racey that tweens can't hear but addictive enough that any age can enjoy.


10 comments:

  1. O fun! Thanks for the recommendations. I never thought to try Ashes as an audio. Great list.

    Happy weekend darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Daughter of Smoke and Bone for a while and I keep wanting to read it but I end up picking up something else. Think it'll be my next read for sure!

    Ashes sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy: Read it soon! I promise you will love it!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the recommendations. I was just on twitter asking for audio recommendations since I just received my credit for the month :).

    I think I'm going to try out Daughter of Smoke & Bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your tweet but I was running around getting ready. I'm so glad you found it if not I was going to tweet you.

      Delete
  4. I recommend reading daughters of smoke and bone! it was an amazingly interesting book! I read it in one day and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I've never actually listened to an audiobook. I don't have anything against them, but I love the visual act of reading, the physical feel of the pages in my hand. Maybe one day, since I do spend two hours a day commuting to/from work...


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone sitting in my room. I'll have to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also listened to DoSaB on audio and WOW was it amazing, I did extra miles on the treadmill because I didn't want to stop listening...

    ReplyDelete