I'm happy to say I'm still around but having two jobs is exhausting. I would love to share what's been going on with me.
First have you downloaded The Hunger Games soundtrack yet? At first I wasn't sure I loved it, but after listening to it for two days I think I'm a fan. A few favorites are Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Arcade Fire, The Civil Wars, Glen Hansard, so pretty much all except Daughter's Lament. I have added the song list below.
1. Abraham's Daughter - Arcade Fire
2. Tomorrow Will Be Kinder - The Secret Sisters
3. Nothing To Remember - Neko Case
4. Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift
5. The Ruler And The Killer - Kid Cudi
6. Dark Days - Punch Brothers
7. One Engine - The Decemberists
8. Daughter's Lament - Carolina Chocolate Drops
9. Kingdom Come - The Civil Wars
10. Take The Heartland - Glen Hansard
11. Come Away To The Water - Maroon 5
12. Run Daddy Run - Miranda Lambert
13. Rules - Jayme Dee
14. Eyes Open - Taylor Swift
15. Lover Is Childlike - The Low Anthem
16. Just A Game - Birdy
A few weeks ago Tillie and I went over to the dark side and went to a non indie bookshop event. I know it felt so wrong, but it was for one of those rare book signings! See, Chris Perez who was the husband of the late Selena Quintanilla wrote a memoir and I had to go. The event was not handled smoothly, but Chris was really nice and I got to hang out with my blogger buddy Tillie!
Now on to a great event! I just got home tonight from meeting Queen of Vampire writing Anne Rice! Murder by the Book, one of my favorite Indie Bookstores, organized the hundreds of fans who came out to see Ms. Rice. She is a tiny little thing and I was to afraid to say much more than thank you, but it was a great event! Shout out to all the wonderful staff at Murder by the Book!
Keep checking back for the latest in books and in the mean time have plenty of giveaways coming up. Also let me know which songs are your favorites on The Hunger Games Soundtrack!