Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cover News: Audition and Subtraction

I'm thrilled to share the cover for Audition and Subtraction by Amy Dominy. I met Amy last year through Class of 2k11 when she published OyMG, which everyone should read because it's amazing. I have also met Amy in person twice on trips she's taken to Texas and let me tell you she's so much fun! When Amy mentioned Audition and Subtraction I asked my blogger friends to help spread the word so a big thanks to them! Finally, Amy is doing a giveaway to celebrate her newest book.


About the story:

For as long as Tatum can remember it’s been:
Tatum + Lori = Best friends
They do everything together, including a yearly clarinet/flute duet for District Honor Band auditions. But when a new boy transfers to their middle school and their band, the equation suddenly changes to:
Lori + Michael – Tatum = One happy couple
   With her best friend slipping away and her parents recently separated, Tatum’s life has turned upside down. Plus her good friend Aaron thinks that they are secretly boyfriend and girlfriend, all because of one little lie Tatum told. Accepting change isn’t easy for Tatum, but just how much is she willing to give up to hold on to her friendship with Lori and life as she knows it? For Tatum, the best way to move forward may require a whole new formula . . .

Amy Fellner Dominy is the author of OyMG. She worked as a copywriter in the advertising business for twenty years before leaving to earn her MFA as a playwright. Her plays for adults and children have been staged in various cities around the country. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with her husband and two teenage children.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


To learn more about Amy visit: www.amydominy.com

I also want to thank the following bloggers for participating, so go visit them and show them some love!

http://hipmamajen.livejournal.com/
http://stephsbookcorner.blogspot.com/
http://www.blookgirl.com
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/
http://www.jenbigheart.com/
http://www.onceuponatwilight.com/
http://www.portraitofabook.com/
http://www.exlibriskate.com/
http://kellyvision.wordpress.com/

17 comments:

  1. What a cutie cover.
    It's fun, easy on the eyes, and says a bit about the plot. I dig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable cover ... light and fun and perfect for reading by the pool :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cover. Even better is the story inside, though. Scored an arc at TLA and LOVED it -- I can't imagine a tween who will not relate to this story of a girl trying to find her footing in life while everything around her is changing. I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover and I love this book! Can't wait to hold it in my hands and read it again! I think anyone who reads it will relate to the shifting friendships and Tatum's search for her place in a changing world. Yay Amy!

    also - love the background on this blog!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Amy's first book and look forward to reading this one too - love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover!!! And I can't wait for Amy's book. I loved OyMG and I know Auditions & Subtraction is going to be just as wonderful. Congrats, Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to second Juju. I TOTALLY dig. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'm with the diggers!

    It's reminding me a bit of the old opening illustrations for I Dream of Jeannie. A little magic in the works here, if the magic is just a little friendship, tween angst and first love. HUGE fan of OyMG. Can't wait to read this!

    (got a sneak peek at some early chapters and can just say that the AFD "voice" that I love is loud and present here!)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, my heart just melted a little looking at the cover, esp. knowing it will capture many hearts of jr high girls (like me once upon a time) who played flute, but longed for a cute boy a few rows back (trumpet).

    Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover! I've always been really into music, especially during my teen years. In fact, my marriage is one of voices as well as hearts, as I married the bass that sat across from me in choir. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Faith--a music story and a love story--doubly wonderful!

      Delete
  11. I've played violin, which was hard. I played for 2 years because I didn't like it too much. It didn't seem to be my talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm ready for this new Amy Fellner Dominy book--can't wait to read my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I played piano a little. Not well though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a fun book. I played the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I really want to read this! Sounds so good & so many of my middle school students go through this. Yay for good books & awesome authors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally adorable cover for an adorable sounding story! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete