Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: Swim by Jennifer Weiner


Swim by Jennifer Weiner

Rating 5 of 5 Stars


I don’t know if I mentioned before, but I loved Contemporary Fiction before I read YA. It’s sometimes called Chick Lit because it gained popularity after Sex in the City. Swim is written by Jennifer Weiner and is a short E-Novella that will lead into her new novel The Next Best Thing which will be published July 3rd. Jennifer Weiner’s voice is wonderful! I normally am not a fan of short stories but in just 68 pages I got attached to her characters and it left me wanting more. In Swim, Ruth has quit her job after an office romance gone badly and is now doing freelance work helping kids fill out their collage applications. Ruth hasn’t allowed herself to move on and the only peace she finds is when she is swimming. I can’t wait to find out more about Ruth in The Next Best Thing. If you are on the fence about The Next Best Thing then I would say pick up Swim!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I just downloaded it to my kindle app! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've piqued my interest, Cari! I'm relatively new to contemporary novels, but I've liked everything I've read so far. Guess that's why Mom always told me to try new things! :P

    ReplyDelete