Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Events: Jennifer Weiner

Jennifer Weiner is the 5th event in 10 days that I attended, and what an amazing event! Jennifer Weiner is a contemporary fiction chick-lit author who is very well known for her novels In My shoes and Good in Bed. Jennifer is promoting her new release, The Next Best Thing. I reviewed Swim, which is a short E-Novella about Ruth, the main character in The Next Best Thing. My review of The Next Best Thing will be posted soon.

Getting to the event was pretty insane because, for some reason, traffic was hectic and it took me an hour and a half instead of the hour it normally takes me to get to Blue Willow. But Jennifer is hilarious. So, the trip was well worth it. I also love that Contemporary Genre authors are promoting other authors in their genre. Jennifer recommended The Underside of Joy by Sere Prince Halverson, I Couldn't Love You More by Jillian Medoff, Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis, These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen and Between You and Me by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus.

I reviewed Between You and Me by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus and gave it 5 Stars last month. I picked up Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis, who has been recommended by both Jennifer Weiner and Jen Lancaster. I also picked up These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen. If you remember, last year I reviewed her novel Skipping a Beat and loved it so much!


7/16/12 Jennifer Weiner at Blue Willow Bookshop

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I missed another great event. Dang it! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete