Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Audio Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Narrated by Julia Whelan and Kirby Heyborne
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Let me start by saying that I get the hype for Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and why it's getting so much attention, both on the sales charts and in the media. We have all heard those stories where the wife goes missing and the husband is the suspect. Gillian Flynn's psychological thriller is so well written and hard to put down, but now with that said I have to say I hated every single person in the book, but never enough to give up on the book. I did want to write my own book where everyone dies and I know that sounds creepy, but if you read it you'll understand. Don’t jump to conclusions that this is a horrible book, because it’s not I just never felt like I had a hero and someone I could side with. I find myself talking about this book a lot and the best way I can sum it up is dark and twisted and something you really have to experience for yourself. Julia Whelan and Kirby Heyborne did a great job as narrators of the audio book. I knew Kirby would be great because he is the narrator for Breadcrumbs, which is one of my favorite audio books. Julia also did a great job I would gladly listen to other books she reads. I need to read a lot of happy books before I pick up another book by Gillian Flynn.

Listen to a sample:

10 comments:

  1. Oh ew sounds like a pass.
    Thanks for your honesty.
    I know I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy dark books sometimes, so I think I'll like this one! I'm on hold for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say if you do like dark books than you have to get this one!

      Delete
  3. PS I hate when I don't have someone to root for. I'm such a sucker for characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juju: It was really hard not having someone to root for. That was defiantly a first!

      Delete
  4. My husband is int he middle of this book. We just had a discussion about how you really don't like any of the main characters! But really loved the book...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like dark books, but not so sure about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shelves of signed books. Nice.

    Stopping by from the BBAW…have a fun week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recommend. This may be the way I can squeeze this one in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! The ending on this one...just no.

    ReplyDelete