Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Book Trailer: Audition & Subtraction

I'm excited to share the book trailer for Audition & Subtraction by Amy Fellner Dominy. Last year I read Amy's first novel, OyMG and loved it! I started Audition & Subtraction this weekend so look for my review soon. Leave a comment letting me know what you think about the book trailer, and if you are planning on reading Audition & Subtraction.



Synopsis

Best friends Tatum and Lori are used to doing everything together—including a clarinet/flute duet for District Honor Band auditions. But all that changes when Michael transfers to their middle school, and into their band. Suddenly, not only is he competition for Tatum’s spot on stage, but he’s stealing Lori, too. Tatum is determined to stop him, and hold on to what she’s got. She enlists the help of her good friend, Aaron, but now he seems to believe her fib that they’re boyfriend and girlfriend. And her mom, to cope with a separation from her dad, is performing in community theater, of all things! Amy Fellner Dominy composes an equally heartwarming and hilarious story of how holding tight to what you have can keep you from reaching for your dreams—and how oftentimes the best way to move forward is by going solo.

Audition& Subtraction Excerpt

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a book trailer fan, but I did really enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute book trailer, but I am not the market for that trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book trailers! They are an effective marketing tool, especially for new authors trying to make a name for themselves. This one was cute. What software did you use to create it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So as the author of the book, it's probably pretty lame for me to boast about my own trailer, but I'm going to anyway because I didn't actually do it myself. Jeff Somers, amazing Trailer Guy, did all the work. I'm not even sure what software he used or how he did the voiceover. To me, it's a mystery...which is why I don't make my own.

      What I do understand completely is that Cari is AWESOME and so is this blog. Thanks for featuring my trailer!!

      Delete
  4. Oh this sounds like a great read for kids in middle school to see the things that happen in the world. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Amy's book. I'm reading this one right now and it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love middle grade books & this one sounds really great! The trailer is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do a whole lot of Middle Grade books but I think I will just have to read this one. It sounds adorable! I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete