Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: Audition & Subtraction

Audition & Subtraction by Amy Dominy

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars


Amy Dominy did it again! Audition & Subtraction is a fun and refreshing novel. We meet best friends TayLo (Tatum and Lori) who have been each other’s rock since the moment they met, but life is changing. Lori was once the heavy girl, but lost the weight and now wants everyone to see her for the thin girl she has become. Tay is sick of change! Her parents split up and said they needed space, but her mom cries all the time and has taken up Community Theater. Her brother is spending time with their dad in his new home as if it’s all ok. To make matters worse Michael, a new guy, is transferring to her school and is trying to take her spot in band. Tay just wants things to go back to the way they were and stay that way!

Just when things can’t get any worse Lori starts dating the enemy! Lori likes Michael’s attention because he only knows her in her new skin. Tay doesn’t get how her best friend can be so blinded by the one guy who could ruin her! From all this craziness, both girls must learn to be true to themselves and their friendship.

Audition & Subtraction is a really sweet story of first kisses, amazing guys and family bonds. While Audition & Subtraction is marketed to middle grade I know YA fans will love this story! I stayed up until 1:30 AM on a work night because I couldn’t put it down. I encourage everyone to read this one!

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a great read for tweens! I cant wait to get a copy for my goddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book, I want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds adorable! I'm really interested in the weight loss part too since I've been losing weight since January. I'm going to add this to my TBR. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete