Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cover News: The Pull of Gravity Paperback Edition

I'm so happy to share the paperback cover for The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner! The Pull of Gravity is a five star book! I think the new cover really represents the story from the water tower to the doodles. If you read YA or have a teen pick this one up!


The Pull of Gravity follows teens, Nick and Jaycee, who, guided by the wisdom of Yoda and Steinbeck, go on a secret whirlwind journey to keep a promise to their dying friend.


Gae Polisner on the cover:
I absolutely love and adore the new paperback cover. I love the graphic details and whimsy, the sense of a road trip adventure, and the fun nod to Star Wars that pop here and there. Actually, if you know the original Of Mice and Men cover (that Nick and Jaycee have in the book), there's also a sort of nod to that, too. I'm really grateful for all the hard work Square Fish put into it and hope it flies off the shelves. ;)

I want to thank Gae for sharing the cover and taking a moment to talk about The Pull of Gravity! So what are your thoughts? Have you read The Pull of Gravity or is it on your list? 

To learn more about Gae Polisner visit: http://www.gaepolisner.com/

15 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cari! For sharing in the pb cover reveal. Funny, that this final cover actually is maybe the closest to that first drawing I did way back when. Maybe my next cover will have Nacho in a cheese vat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this cover. It's so different from what's out there that immediately it stands out. Which seems only fitting because it's a stand-out book. :-)
    I'll be one of the first to buy a copy when it's available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It is eye-poppy, isn't it?!

      Delete
  3. O I am so with you. This is way cuter and more eye catching.

    BTW, I love your hair tweets! ;) We have similar hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, Juju! :)

      And, yes, Cari has bee-u-ti-ful hair!

      Delete
  4. I can see why you love the PB cover, Gae - it leads the reader right into the story inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we need to go right up the road with them! :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE this cover, Gae! Fabulous package for a fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love it! So unique and indeed eye-grabby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome new cover to match this awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, all. I'm very happy with it. What I'm not happy with: the picture of pretty boots on the side of cari's page right

    <-------- there

    that I want now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cover BEGS you to pick up this book - because you've just got to know what it's all about! Can't wait to hold it in my hands! Congrats Gae! Hugs Cari!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cover is so awesome. I can just see it as the movie begins to birth itself! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete