Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dear Teen Me Blog Tour


I'm so excited to be part of the Dear Teen Me Blog Tour! Why you ask? Well Miranda Kenneally author of Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker is co-editor with E. K. Anderson who I know from Austin. Also my friend Stephanie Pellegrin, who is working hard on her novels, is published in Dear Teen Me along with 70 amazing YA and Middle Grade authors. To learn more about Dear Teen Me check out my review.

When I thought about what I wanted to do for my stop in the blog tour I had a few thoughts. I decided I would write a letter to Teen Me and I have a match the fact to the authors. I reached out to a few authors and asked them for a fun fact about themselves. Look for this at 10:00 AM Central Time.

Letter to my teen self


Dear Teen Me,

People lie. Your parents have been fighting like crazy lately and now you know it was over a lie. Your mom will decide to lie to you about who your biological father is until you turn fourteen. You'll feel betrayed by the lie. No one in your life will understand what it what it means to you when you realize that every adult in your life is a part of this lie. You ask yourself "Who would I have been if I didn't know?". You lay awake at night and say to yourself "I'm alone and know one gets it". I'm writing you to say you will get through it, you will persevere! This will make you stronger! Going through the pain sucks, but this is also the thing that will make you fearless. I know it seems hard to believe, but you will have an incredible bond with the father who raised you and your best friend will be your sister. No not some other sister from a father you've never known, but the one you fight with every second of the day and in the future she will have sons who will light up your day with just a smile. Trusting people is still an issue and when someone lets you down it brings you back to this betrayal, but you'll work on leaving this moment in the past and not dwell on it. For now, know that you aren't alone and know that someday this lie will not consume every moment of your life.

--Your Future Me


2 comments:

  1. Awwww *hug* *HUG*
    I'm so sorry you went through that.
    Sounds like you're on the road to getting some serious peace from it though.
    Thank you for sharing this awesome letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs hugs hugs* What an amazing letter, Maria. So proud of you and the beautiful woman you've become! Love you!

    ReplyDelete